FLOOR PAINT, COATING SYSTEMS
Floor paint and coating systems range of products is now quite comprehensive and has a proven track record or high performance. COTEC specialises in thin film epoxy floor coating systems for commercial and industrial concrete floors. Concrete floor painting can be difficult and we have developed a range of paint to be able to protect concrete from harsh industrial environments. COTEC also uses the epoxy based floor paint for domestic garages, workshops and retail shops where easily applied, hard and durable surfaces are required.
Wooden floors have long been coated in smelly solvent laden clear paint that meant re coating floors has not been the most enjoyable experience. The new single and 2 pack water bourn polyurethane floor paint get over this problem and offer an excellent, tough alternative, Easy to apply and fast drying, the Tuff Floor PU floor paint gives a fast dry, no smell alternative.
Developments in water based resins have allowed us to formulate a full range of products for coating concrete and timber flooring and also provide high chemical and wear resistant topping for industrial and food processing floors.
The Tuff Floor range has been used in areas from shops, food manufacturing plants, power stations, vehicle work shops, dairy milking sheds and the Vector Arena (Auckland) providing excellent service life and durability.
Floor Coatings Products
TUFF FLOOR PUD CLEAR
- Water based polyurethane clear coating for interior wooden floors
- Can be used as a single pack option for light traffic or with Diamond Hardener for heavy use and commercial floors
- Non yellowing
- Hard wearing and tough (when used with Diamond Hardener)
- Ideal replacement for old solvent based moisture cured urethane
- 2 coats can be applied in one day (temperature dependent) and walked on the next
- No smell so house floors can be done while the house is occupied
- Used in domestic, retail and sports wooden flooring
- Easy DIY application and clean up with water
Finishing of timber floors and work surfaces, where stain resistance, abrasion resistance and durability are required. Tuff Floor PUD is the ideal replacement for older solvent based floor coatings such as moisture cured polyurethanes. Tuff Floor PUD does not have strong solvent odours and can be safely applied without having to vacate or ventilate painted areas. Quick drying, Tuff Floor PUD can have 2 coats applied in a day and can be walked on without shoes in 3 hours. Tuff Floor PUD can be used on most types of timber and wood composite however hardwood and some New Zealand native timbers may require the use of Cotec Clear Sanding Sealer to help with getting the best adhesion to these timbers. Contact Coating Technologies Ltd if you have any questions regarding the type of timber you wish to coat.
TUFF FLOOR WB EPOXY
- An environmentally friendly water based 2 pack epoxy floor coating
- Very low VOC and no Benzyl Alcohol
- Premium epoxy paint for ultra hard wear
- Non porous and chemically resistant
- Suitable for all flooring areas subject to commercial, food, dairy, chemical and hospital uses
- Suitable for food and potable water contact
- Available in high gloss and low sheen finish
- Non slip additive can be mixed into the last coat of paint
- Easy application, mixing and clean up
Many floors and walls require a non porous, chemically inert and abrasion resistant finish. Such places include hospitals, schools, restaurants, abattoirs, milking sheds, dairy factories, the chemical industry and other medium to heavy industries. Tuff Floor WB Epoxy flooring paint is just the product for these areas. Tuff Floor has been used on the production and warehousing floor areas in food manufacturing, salmon farming, chemical blending, retail showrooms, car showrooms and workshops and high use public venues such as the Auckland Vector Arena and has proven to be an excellent performer in all these areas. Coupled with the Tuff Floor WB sealer and Tuff Floor WB Levelling compound, the Tuff Floor epoxy system will give a high performance flooring system to suit most applications. Coating Technologies Ltd are happy to work with applicators, design architects, concrete specialists and anyone with a concrete flooring problem to find the best option to fit the project requirement.
TUFF FLOOR WB EPOXY LEVELLING
- Water based 2 pack epoxy levelling compound
- Cures to a very hard durable surface
- Can be applied from 1 mm to 10 mm in thickness
- Ideal for giving aged floors a new seamless topping
- Can be used as the final floor finish or coated with Tuff Floor WB Epoxy in any colour
- Excellent water vapour transmission and can be applied to damp concrete
- Used as a filler for cracks
- Flow out can be modified to cope with sloping floors
- The addition of Portland cement makes this into a hard coving compound
Tuff Floor Epoxy Levelling compound is used on concrete floors such as warehouses, medium use industrial floors, food processing areas, wineries, dairy shed milking platforms and floors, pharmaceutical and laboratory floors and anywhere where a hard smooth (not slippery as the surface is a matt finish) finish is required. The levelling compound is designed to be poured onto the surface, spread out using a notched or gauged rake and left to find its own level. It sets up within an hour and can be walked on the next day. The levelling compound forms the basis of a complete flooring system and can be over coated with the Tuff Floor WB Epoxy to give a low sheen or high gloss coloured finish. The levelling component of the flooring system also imparts impact resistance to help cope with heavy items that may be dropped on the floor, causing cracking and flaking of a paint only application.
TUFF FLOOR WB SEALER
- A specialised penetrating sealer for aged or new concrete
- Water based 2 pack epoxy
- Deep penetration into the concrete surface to help bind and seal before painting
- Provides maximum adhesion of floor coatings and levelling compounds
- Excellent water vapour permeability and can be applied to damp concrete
- Recommended for use on all concrete prior to coating
- Fast cure, low odour and easy clean up
Tuff Floor WB Epoxy Sealer is used for sealing of concrete (new or aged following the appropriate cleaning and preparation), generally prior to over coating with epoxy finishes such as Tuff Floor WB Epoxy, Epotec Pool paint or Tuff Floor WB Levelling compound. Our experience has shown that the use of a deeply penetrating, vapour permeable sealer is invaluable in getting flooring systems to perform to their best. Sealing the concrete will not cover over poor preparation and concrete still needs to be correctly prepared (cleaning, grinding or acid etching) prior to starting on the coating process. Tuff Floor WB Sealer is not a coating in its own right and is applied as a thin layer just sufficient to fully wet out the surface of the concrete before applying the top coats.